Mindfulness-Based Emotional Balance Training
Mindful Educators Toolkit
M-Power Educators Mindfulness Training
Mindfulness-Based Emotional Balance Training (MBEB) is a nine-week, personal renewal program designed especially for educators - this program brings together the highly effective methods of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction with the latest research and practice in emotion and empathy training, compassion and forgiveness practice. This program has been the subject of multiple research studies supporting its effectiveness and has been found to improve attention, awareness, decrease stress and improve overall wellbeing.
To Register first attend an orientation session -Spring Orientations: March 14 or March 21 - 4:30 -6:30 pm at DAYA Foundation
About the Program
The M-Power Educators/ MBEB program teaches practical skills based on research and practice in each of the following content areas:
Core Mindfulness Skills ~ Attention & Awareness
- Developing inward-outward attention and mindfulness of body, feelings and thoughts
- Practicing mindful movement exercises to enhance sensory awareness and attention
- Cultivating a non-judgmental attitude toward the full range of experience
- Learning at-home mindfulness exercises
The Science of Emotions ~ Building Resilience
- Understanding the physiology of emotions and how they affect the body and mind
- Learning what emotions are and what triggers them
- Recognizing the characteristics of specific emotions and their function
- Learning practical methods for working with difficult emotions
Compassion and Empathy for Self and Others
- Applying mindfulness training to interpersonal situations
- Developing compassion and empathy toward oneself and others
- Fostering self-acceptance and acceptance of others
- Cultivating empathy and equanimity
Can I take this course for Credit?
Yes! Participants can earn three graduate credit (3 credit hours) through Portland State University Graduate School of Education. Participants may qualify for continuing education credit or tuition reimbursement through their individual institutions. Talk with the Instructor for details.
Does this program qualify as Professional Development training?
Check with your building administrator - this program may qualify for tuition reimbursement and professional development hours. Questions? Contact us or talk with the instructor for more details.
How do I Register?
The first step to participating is to attend a free Orientation Session where you'll learn more about the course, meet the instructor and have a chance to ask any questions you may have. *Attending an Orientation is required prior to registration.
More about MBEB
Mindfulness-Based Emotional Balance Training was developed by Margaret Cullen LMFT, a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Certified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction instructor who, for twenty years, has been teaching and pioneering mindfulness programs in a variety of settings including cancer support, HIV support, college student groups, physicians and executive groups. In 2008 she launched Mindfulness-Based Emotional Balance programs for teachers and school administrators in Denver, Boulder, Ann Arbor and Vancouver, B.C. She is the author of The Mindfulness-Based Emotional Balance Workbook (New Harbinger Press) and currently serves as a senior teacher at the Center for Compassion at Stanford University, where she co-authored the Compassion Cultivation Training.